CARBURETOR MODELS 885-FF & 885-FFG
the order of their removal. During disassembly discard all gaskets, also parts which have a replacement in the Master Repair Kit.
Airhorn Screws (5)
Choke Lever Clamp Screw and Nut
Choke Lever Assembly
Choke Lever Bracket Screws (2)
Choke Lever Bracket
Choke Plate Screws (2)
Bowl Vent Tube Screws (2)
Bowl Vent Tube
Air Bleed Screen
Economizer Piston and Stem
3. Remove the two choke lever bracket screws and the choke lever bracket.
4. Remove the two choke plate screws, then remove the choke plate and choke shaft.
Remove the two bowl vent tube screws and the bowl vent tube.
6. Remove the air bleed screen from inside the airhorn (not found on some earlier models) then remove the economizer piston and stem assembly using Snap-On Tool Number MC-119.
Most of the earlier models had a pressed-in economizer piston. Using Snap-On Tool No. MC-126 Economizer puller remove the piston.
B. DISASSEMBLY - MAIN BODY ASSEMBLY
1. Remove the five airhorn screws. Lift off the airhorn and discard the airhorn gasket.
C. DISASSEMBLY - THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY -
2. Loosen the choke lever clamp screw and nut and remove the choke lever assembly.
The following list contains the component parts of the
885-FFG throttle body and the order
Figure 28. Disassembly - Throttle Body Assembly -15